
I,TITUBA, THE BLACK WITCH OF SALEM
I, Tituba the Black Witch of Salem is a book full of suspence, mystery, murder, fear and a touch of romance. This book is almost a classic for history. I wouldn't necessarily use this in a high school class room with out parental consent, there are a couple kind of racy sex scenes. On the whole this is one of the better Fiction books I have ever read on the Salem Witch Trials. Maryse Conde has written several books about African Slaves in colonial America. She has written an other book about Tituba intitled Moi, Tituba Socriere.
Tituba is the story of a woman sold into slavery during the 17th century. She ends up being owned by a family in the infamous Salem, MA. She is accused of witchcraft and tried, the worst part is she only ever used her powers to help people, at first.
While Conde does take several liberties with historical fact she does paint a beautiful picture with her words. She has written an incredibly easy to read book that can truly give the reader a better understanding of slave life in colonial America.
This book can be purchase on Amazon.com at a very low price. Please click the link if you are interested.
http://www.amazon.com/I-Tituba-Black-Witch-Salem/dp/0345384202/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1291202285&sr=8-1
No comments:
Post a Comment